At Lempod, we take your privacy seriously. This page tells you what you need to know about what data we store and where we store it.
Introduction and Purpose
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that we comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations, including the Australian Privacy Act 1988, the United States Privacy Act of 1974, and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are committed to collecting and using personal information in a transparent and lawful manner, while respecting the privacy rights of individuals and organizations.
This policy explains how we collect and use personal information, the purposes for which we collect and use it, and how we protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. It also explains the rights that individuals have with respect to their personal information, and how they can contact us to exercise those rights.
By implementing this policy, we aim to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the privacy and security of personal information, and to maintain the trust of our customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
Collection of Personal Information
Lempod collects personal information from individuals in order to provide our services and conduct our business operations. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address
- Payment information, such as credit card details or bank account information
- Demographic information, such as age, gender, and occupation
- Information about your interests and preferences
We collect personal information directly from individuals when you provide it to us, such as when you fill out a form on our website, register for an account, make a purchase, or communicate with us via email or chat. We may also collect personal information from third-party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, or our business partners.
The legal basis for our collection of personal information is either:
- Your consent, which you provide by supplying your personal information; or
- Our legitimate interests in providing our services, conducting our business operations, and improving our products and services.
We provide individuals with the option to opt-out of certain types of data processing or to withdraw your consent at any time, by requesting closure of your Lempod account and deletion of all personal and financial data.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
Lempod uses personal information collected from individuals for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve our services
- To process orders and payments
- To communicate with customers and respond to inquiries
- To send marketing materials and promotional offers
- To conduct research and analysis
- To comply with legal obligations
We may share personal information collected from individuals with third-party service providers, such as payment processors, delivery companies, and marketing agencies, who assist us in providing our services and conducting our business operations. We will only share personal information with third-party providers who have agreed to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information and who have agreed to use it only for the purposes for which it was shared.
We may also disclose personal information to law enforcement or other authorities if required by law or in response to a legal request.
We will retain personal information collected from individuals for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law. When personal information is no longer needed, we will securely dispose of it, either by deleting it from our systems or by securely destroying physical records.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that personal information is securely stored and protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We regularly review our security measures and update them as necessary to ensure that they are effective and up to date.
Protection of Personal Information
Lempod takes the protection of personal information seriously and implements reasonable measures to safeguard it from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
We use a variety of technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect personal information. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Using firewalls, encryption, and other security technologies to protect against unauthorized access to our systems and databases
- Implementing strict access controls and authentication procedures to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to personal information
- Regularly monitoring our systems and networks for security threats and vulnerabilities
- Conducting regular security training and awareness programs for our employees
- We regularly review and update our security measures to ensure that they are effective and up to date.
Despite our best efforts, no security measures are foolproof, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of personal information. However, in the event of a data breach, we will take appropriate steps to mitigate any harm and notify individuals and authorities as required by law.
We also require our third-party service providers to implement reasonable security measures to protect personal information, and we require them to notify us immediately if they become aware of any unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security of your personal information, please contact us at https://support.lempod.com.
Lempod is committed to ensuring that individuals have the right to access, correct, or delete their personal information, and to exercise their rights under applicable privacy laws.
If you would like to access, correct, or delete your personal information, you may submit a request to us at https://support.lempod.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing access to, correcting, or deleting your personal information.
Under applicable privacy laws, individuals have the following rights:
- The right to access their personal information and to obtain a copy of it
- The right to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information
- The right to have your personal information deleted or removed, subject to certain exceptions
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to withdraw consent for the processing of your personal information
We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their rights under applicable privacy laws. However, please note that in some cases, we may not be able to fulfill your request, for example, if it would infringe on the rights of others or if we are required by law to retain certain information.
If you have any questions or concerns about your rights under applicable privacy laws or how to exercise those rights, please contact us at https://support.lempod.com.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
The following personal information from your LinkedIn profile is collected and stored in the USA:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Public Identifier
The following personal information for each LinkedIn post (that you add to Lempod) is collected and stored in the USA:
- Post Title
- Post Description
- Post URL
- Post Comment Count
- Post Like Count
- Post View Count
Your profile picture is temporarily stored in our content delivery network in multiple locations around the world, and only for short amount of time (a few hours to a few days from the time of access). This is done to increase the speed of the app.
- Standard Contractual Clauses: We may use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other applicable authorities to ensure that the recipient of personal information provides an adequate level of data protection.
- Binding Corporate Rules: If we transfer personal information within our group of companies, we may use binding corporate rules that have been approved by the relevant data protection authorities to ensure that personal information is protected.
- Certification Programs: We may rely on certification programs such as the Privacy Shield or other similar programs to ensure that the recipient of personal information provides an adequate level of data protection.
- Consent: We may obtain explicit consent from individuals before transferring their personal information to a country that does not provide an adequate level of data protection.